Receive The Treatment You Need With Sedation Dentistry
At Everything Dental in Charleston, we understand that a visit to the dentist can be stressful for some patients. We are proud to offer three options for sedation dentistry so our patients’ experience with us will be more pleasant and relaxed.
What sedatives are use in sedation dentistry?
At Everything Dental, we offer our patients three options for sedation dentistry:
- Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is the most common type of sedation used in dentistry. It is administered by our skilled dentist through a mask that is placed over your nose during treatment. Nitrous oxide has a calming effect and helps reduce anxiety while allowing you to remain conscious throughout your appointment.
- Oral sedation involves taking a small pill prior to your appointment to help you feel calm and at ease throughout your treatment. It can sometimes be used in combination with other forms of sedation, such as nitrous oxide. Oral sedation also helps reduce the memory of your visit.
- IV sedation refers to an anti-anxiety drug administered directly into the bloodstream during treatment. Though its effects are commonly known as “twilight sleep,” you remain conscious during the procedure and able to respond to our dentist while still feeling relaxed and calm. Once the sedative wears off, patients often report having only vague memories of the procedure.
What types of treatments and procedures is sedation dentistry helpful for?
Sedation can be helpful for a variety of procedures, from simple cleanings to more complex treatments such as root canals and implants. It is especially beneficial for those who experience dental anxiety or fear, a fear of needles, as well as those with special needs.
Who should consider dental sedation?
Anyone who experiences fear, anxiety, or discomfort in the dental chair may be a candidate for sedation dentistry.
What are the side effects of these sedation options?
Generally, sedation procedures are very safe and have few side effects. You may feel a little groggy when recovering from oral and IV sedation, so it’s necessary to have someone drive you home following your appointment.
To learn more about our sedation options, contact Everything Dental today to book your relaxed and stress-free appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact Everything Dental In Charleston About Sedation Dentistry
- Reduce dental anxiety or fear
- Feel relaxed during your appointment
- Receive the care you need to keep your smile strong
- Choose from a variety of sedation options
- Prioritize your smile!